About Parent Institute
Premier institution of education like the Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, known and honoured far and wide, not only at the national level, but at the global level too, needs no introduction. The institution itself is regarded as a noble mission, a noble cause, so earnestly and so endearingly pursued by its founder- father Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil, the educator of the educators and his legendary wife Sou. Laxmibai Patil with her exemplary sacrifices made to turn the mission into a reality. The Rayat Shikshan Sanstha is one of the leading educational institutions in Asia. The value of its contribution to education in general is enormously great as it has, from the very beginning, tried all its best to lay emphasis on the education of the down-trodden, the poor and the ignorant who really form the major bulk of society. The founder of the institution, late Dr. Karamaveer Bhaurao Patil, was a man of the masses who devoted all his mind and heart to the cause of their education. He had an incisive understanding of the social ills that beset his times and fully realized the dire need of the spread of education. He believed that education alone could correct the social ills such as caste-hierarchy, money-lending, illiteracy, untouchability, superstitions and social and economic inequality. Throughout his life he tried to translate this belief into reality. He was the champion of the poor, the weak, the dispossessed and left no stone unturned for their upliftment. He was a great humanitarian who endeavored hard to educate the masses to bring a kindly light of hope in their lives of misery and ignorance. He realised that the social ills could be remedied through the education of the masses alone and laid the foundation of the Rayat Shikshan Sanstha by opening a Boarding House at Kale (Tal-Karad, Dist-Satara) in 1919. Soon, however, in 1924 he shifted the head-quarters of his educational institution to Satara.
Education to all the classes of society, especially to the downtrodden, economically and socially backward sections of society There is a need to reconsider the present education at all its levels. The globalization and liberalization have changed all the concerns and references. It is necessary to deviate from the traditional methods and use the new methods and technology for imparting education. In view of this the Rayat Shikshan Sanstha has actively started the process of adjusting with new trends. Objectives of the Sanstha:-
- The quality improvement programmes at 10th and 12th levels for strengthening teaching-learning.
- Making changes for improvement in quality merit right from 4th std. onword through various teaching aids and resources.
- Orientation and training programmes for the teachers on the new methods and techniques of teaching.
- Providing at least one job oriented course to the students along with conventional university courses/degrees.
- Starting courses specially for girls in all colleges to make them self reliant, to stand on their own.
- Introduction of system to prepare students competently for competitive examinations.
- Framing new short term courses related to management studies.
- Making MS-CIT course available to know the needs of BPO services and for the preparation of software.
- MOU with bio-technology institutions and universities.
- Paying attention on the changes occurring after 2005 and retaining leading position of the Sanstha in the process of modern education.
- To impart liberal and vocational education, from pre-primary to university level, to the rising generations.
- To provide education to the people from remote places, tribal, rural, semi-urban and urban areas by establishing educational institutions.
- To provide education to all the classes of society, especially to the downtrodden, economically and socially backward sections of society.
- To provide education to women by establishing girls’ schools, highschools and colleges.
- To provide training and quality improvement of teachers and non-teaching employees of the Sanstha.
- To enrich the dignity of labour and to make arrangements for providing education against manual labour.
- To promote the acquisition of knowledge and to offer opportunities for upgrading the knowledge, training and skills in all fields of human endeavour by developing educational network with use of modern communication media and technologies.
- To promote among the students a sense of equality, national integration, social justice and to act as a catalyst in socio-economic transformation for national development.
- To make arrangements for promoting healthy atmosphere, corporate life and welfare of students and employees.
- To provide higher educational opportunities to rural students at their doors.
- To generate academically, physically and spiritually sound and motivated students.
- To develop the overall personality of the students.
- To promote women education.
- To promote a healthy educational atmosphere.
- To promote environmental awareness.
Rayat Shikshan Sanstha Management Council
Hon. Shri. Sharadrao Govindrao Pawar
Shri. Shankarrao Kolhe
Shri. Ganpatrao Deshmukh
Sau. Jaishree Chaughule
Shri. Gopikisan Patil
Shri. Arun Kadu Patil
Adv. Bhagirath Shinde
Prin. Dr. Bhauaheb Karale
Prin. Dr. Vijaysinh Savant
Shri. Vilasrao Mahadik
Prin. Dr. Arun Aandhale
Prin. Shahaji Dongare
If you require any further information, feel free to contact us.